Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hi all,
I am on an east coast trip at the moment so computer interface time has been at a minimum.  I did want to contribute however.  Because of my computerlessness I have been sticking to the sketch pad and aqua brush pens with 4 gradations (including black) and I must say that I highly recommend them for ease of travel and versatility.  Also wanted to pass along jetpens.com.  You can order your refills for your hitech-c gels of different sizes for way cheaper then at a stationary store.  Also, in early September I was a sponsored artist for the San Luis Obispo chalk painting festival.  It was very hot but I had awesome square-neighbors.  I will be in contact as I can. 
Hope all is well.







2 comments:

  1. Hey Will, looking great man! Hope your travels are going well and you are collecting good road stories and art.

    Love the environments. The flag and simple symbol makes me curious about the people who live in these rock formations!

    Also dig the mechanical knight. Again, I feel like there is totally a story here. I want to know about this steampunk world with mecha jousters.

    The form on the dragon guy is great. I do miss your monsters.

    Most impressive perspective chalk drawing!!! I am pretty sure the only way to do those is magic.

    Keep us posted with updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very nice stuff will!!! really cool concepts.

    Like Sam said, the environments are aweosome. thinking that those rock formations would be super interesting places to live and have some sort of maybe cultish society. Adding the various emblems and flag elements just push that story. sweet.
    The armored knight is really cool too, and the enviroment & blacksmith on the left work well to help support the story and really give a good feel for the time period while still having some fantasy.
    The head sketches are good too, the forms turns well, but would have to say that the monster is probably my favorite. super badass. like something I would not want to run into in the wild badass.

    and to finish it. that eye. dam son. impressiveeeee. at first glance I felt like i fell into the painting. crazyness. thx for posting this william

    ReplyDelete