Thursday, June 14, 2012

Yuffie final brainstorm


Starting almost from the ground up with Yuffie for the homework this week. Thought a little more about what Carlo said on thinking about the purpose of the character and so this is the rough direction I'm taking. Left a blindfold on the fullbody version like in his critique to see what it would look like.

So yeah, I don't know if this rough is a start in the right direction or just a horrible flop. Thoughts?


EDIT 2: Took your advice in my second clean-up, Sam. Thanks for the pointers! Looking at those Dr. Doom drawings definitely helped with the hood piece.

For some reason the lines in my last clean-up were all blurry and crappy, so I went back and sharpened those up as well as added some detail (hood clasp, ripped scarf pieces, etc). Gonna do coloring later since I have to be up early tomorrow, ugh. I'm thinking about either a dominant red or dark-blue color scheme for her.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Her weapon is really cool and I can see your viscom training -- it has nice perspective which gives it convincing form. Double-check the spikes on the close side, viewer's left, they look like they are angled slightly down not perfectly perpendicular to the disc ring (I could be wrong about this)

    Bare shoes are cool, they sell that she is a hobo-nomad.

    Hood and scarf are cool but I would grab some photo-reference just to really seal the deal on them. Also do a quick search of comicartfans or google images for Alex Maleev's drawings of Dr. Doom, he does really great convincing hoods as line drawings and I would just ape some of that.

    Pose is great too -- looks like she's really ready to throw the thing! Great improvement, much more exciting character.

    ReplyDelete