Thursday, June 7, 2012

Yuffie redesign (costume ideas)

Wow look I'm making a post, you guys! ... at 2AM.


I know I sent the torso pieces out in an email earlier today, but this is what I have posted on the Character Design 2 blog right now. I was working on an eyepiece idea and some practice poses, so I threw those in. Gonna start on actual full-body sketches tomorrow.

Also, thanks for the feedback! I am happy to say that I am NOT adopting AJ's 16-hour work day—I value my sleep too much for that. And yes, I was a little worried that steampunk would be detailed, but I've got a handful of nice references that don't seem to be too intimidating... I wanted to really push myself and do something fun and interesting, and so far I've had a blast researching and working on this project.

And (taking a leaf out of Sam's book) this is what I'm working with:

2 comments:

  1. I think the braces around her thight and shoulder are actually really weird looking on Yuffie's original costume design. She's supposed to be a ninja, not in traction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Ima liking that eyepiece idea. I would totally do a few variations of it. I think steampunk would work just fine. As I mentioned earlier, you are opened to anything. Last term a lot of people in class choose a different race/culture as a starting point. So people were referencing i.e. Mongolian's costume, Tibetan costumes, and so forth.

    Can't wait to see the full body design! This is going to be an awesome class!

    Keep going!

    Last but not least, forget 16 hrs a day. Just keep doing whatever you were doing that has brought you to this level ;)

    ReplyDelete