Monday, January 16, 2012

Big Guy N' Little Guy


Had an interesting time with silhouettes on this one.  The image of a big guy and a little guy is a great one.  I can not help but imagine that the gnome character is a bit more lippy now that he has a giant, magic fueled robot guardian on his side.  I am spending too much time on the rendering and not enough on a plethora of designs.  For the time being, I think I should work looser then this to get a variety of ideas down first.  Oh well...  Next time.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! These silhouettes are such fun to look at! I totally understand what you mean by spending too much time on rendering vs design. What you can do is adjust the opacity way down on the already rendered layer, add a new layer, and do another pass of line art on top. And eventually, another layer of render, then line art, and that process continues till you're happy with the design/render (not sure if this is the right way, but that's typically my approach.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, I think you hit a pretty good balance between mech and clockwork...I like that his "head" looks like the grate of a coal oven. I like his toe and feet designs and how heavy they feel. Maybe put more clockwork and inner working gear stuff into his joins / exposed areas / flex points?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These designs are really cool, but Corbin is only about 8 feet tall and humanoid. Gnomes are about 3-3.5 ft by comparison. I updated Sam's description of Corbin if that helps.

    ReplyDelete