Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Sleeples Silhouettes Batch 01

I dread making silhouettes.  But I feel like I am drawing similar forms over and over again. So here's an attempt, and to my surprise....same forms over and over again carries over in my silhouettes as well -__-  I guess I have a tendency to wanting to jump into details immediately, hence neglecting the overall shape.  I should probably limit myself to only BIG brushes when doing silhouettes.  Enough blabbing, here it is...

Note: After I uploaded the image, I realized the lower right ship has a "face" like front.  Subconsciously I was probably trying to make some type of face, just that I didn't know until stepping away and looking at it from up far.  So I'll probably go back and add a lower jaw to that "face"...someday.

Update: Grr...I am hating my silhouettes so much, I don't know whether to pull them down or jump off a bridge.  At any rate, here's a revised version, but my thoughts of jumping off a bridge still persist...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, these are killer!! STOP BEING SO GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever man! I am much more intrigued by your silhouettes! I think your forms are far more interesting than mine! Seriously, if I have your permission, I would really love to develop some of your silhouettes! But it's totally understandable if you decline. Art work is very personal, and I respect that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah dude, definitely riff on them. That is part of the fun of this project -- if we were actually developing a property they'd probably have us head in specific directions. I'm definitely going to cannibalize from your Mal design if I try my hand at Quentin Stormbrow or Duncan Blacktide.

    ReplyDelete