Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Captain of the Bitch Rough First Pass

When I saw Sam's post on Dakota Simms, Captain of the Bitch, I went to myself, hmm...MUCHAHA! I know I need to take a quick dab at it.  Here's a really quick rough sketch of her.  Most of my time went to designing her face.  I don't even know whether the body parts are in proportion to each other.  I just had to get this out of my system...before dinner.  Hehe.

I don't know what I'm doing brothers and sisters, but I'm on the top of the world right now!  I was just informed that I am officially in Viscom at CDA!!!  Yeah!!!  In regards to the second drawing on the bottom, grrr...I really need to start to look at references as I have no idea what pirates look like among many other things.  And figure drawing class tomorrow hopefully will help with my poses too...

5 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I like how you made her cap thing a little bigger and cocked to the side. Have you seen Phil Noto's art? I think you'd dig it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I follow Phil Noto's work and love it. Been trying to buy his Jet Seven book forevers. But it's out of print, and used ones cost an arm and leg...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to share all your VisCom secrets!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude I'm pretty sure I just found the book online for $25? http://www.brandstudiopress.com/products/jet-7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whee! Just ordered it! Thanks mate! And for Viscom secrets, for sure, I'll sure them with you guys every time we meet!

    ReplyDelete