Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Bitch: Another Attempt

I know what I'm doing wrong...I am rendering and designing the character simultaneously.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I don't think I have the skills to be doing that quite yet.  It's almost like running before learning how to walk.  I need to get the design down, hardline it, then render.  So I keep telling myself.

[Update: My rendering always falls on the way too soft side.  So I decided to bumped up the contrast only to find a messy rendering technique completely exposed.  Now I guess I know why I choose the desaturated approach when rendering.]

3 comments:

  1. I dig the outfit, Dan, but I think it needs more pirate weaponry (e.g. sword) hanging from a belt or something along those lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm with Darrin -- very sexy outfit but it doesn't necessarily read as "pirate" to me. Maybe this is for an adventure where they all go to a beach party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, totally agree. I didn't read pirate as well, hehe.

    ReplyDelete