Monday, January 9, 2012

Swiftwrath Silhouettes, Breakdowns and Orthographic

I tried a lot of ideation to get a silhouette for the airship of the heroes.  I eventually came across a body type I kind of liked (row three, column three) and then did a few different sail configurations based on that (column four, rows two and three)

I did a bunch of black and white breakdowns to refine the silhouette.  I wanted some clean, swirly art nouveau designs.

Once I found a shape I liked, I did an orthographic of the Swiftwrath in Photoshop to get nice clean lines.  I'm sure there are some minor errors/inconsistencies but I'm pretty happy with how it came out considering it was the first vehicle orthographic I've done.

I'm working on a 3/4 view of the ship that I would like to render out with some shading, maybe even color.  Keep an eye out for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment