Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Talon Greyfeather Head Concept

First off, Sam, I apologize for designing the same character yet again.  I'm most likely not going to develop this, as I don't really have a strong feel for this character.  This is just a "what if" concept of Talon Grefeather's head.  I thought it could be interesting to design him with slightly more of a human's head as opposed to just using a hawk's head?  I don't know...I could be drunk ;)

[Update 1]  A quick concept sketch of  Talon Greyfeather from this morning.  I don't know man, but it's looking a lot more like a bird to me now :o  Perhaps if I have time later, I'll paint over the face so it'll look slightly more human.  (On another note, yes, he will most likely have bird feet.)

[Update 2]  This is quite a lot of update for "I'm most likely not going to develop this" :P  As for the bottom design, the plan was making his head look less birdlike, but what do you know?  It's still screaming out bird!  I don't think the armor is a good fit for pirates.  I also like the leaner body proportion from the previous design more.  (On yet another note, am I glad digital painting class is happening soon.  I'm trying to paint a bird, but it's resembling more like a wookie to me :o)

[Update 3]  Yep, that should do it.  This will be the end of my Bird run....

[Update 4]  Oops...I lied.  Thought I would post something from my sketchbook.  Might as well...hehe.


3 comments:

  1. Why are you so goddamn good at designing human/animal hybrids?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate! What I really need to do is look at references so I can get the hawk features to look more anatomically accurate which should help sell the design much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the painting / rendering of the armor designs but I think your instincts are correct -- armor is too heavy for a flying guy! I like the first design best, with the cape and straps and lean build. I like the head design on that one best, too...I like imagining him as less human, the others look like something that you could create easily with makeup / practical effects and I just want the moon!

    ReplyDelete